g asked in Local BusinessesUnited StatesDallas · 8 years ago

New appliance purchase for 5 year old item.?

I bought a Samsung refrigerator from Best Buy in 2009. It quit working and I pulled it out from the wall to take a look at it & to get the model # and there was also a date of manufacture of 4/2/2004 five years before I bought it! I felt cheated. It was either a bad selling model & set in a warehouse for five years or it was a reject.

Am I being picky or is this standard practice to sell things that old?

Is this standard that you can sell something

Favorite Answer

Yes they can do it to you. You bought it at a good price at an electronics store that does not sell a lot of appliances and now has gotten out of the business.

Probably a bad selling model and you had a bad experience. Was it marked as a Open Box or something? then buyer beware.

For appliances, I will tell anyone and everyone go to the Sears Outlet Stores and compare the models to the Consumer Reports Magazine(get free from your library) before you go to get a good rating. They move a lot of appliances so you will not have a model that old or I would be greatly surprised. They have great sales especially at their bigger stores in Carrollton and Allen. Trust me, I have bought convection ovens and great HE washer and dryers there and plan to get my next appliances there.

P.S. Haggle a lot if you have cash or great credit. Have fun. God Bless

I feel for you, but if no one has used it, it is new. I would complain to best buy.

Look better next time.