Lord Dunmore Proclamation of November 1775?

Now I read all about the Proclamation, and I know what it's about. Like how Dunmore wanted all the slaves to fight with him...I've read three different websites describing it to me. I have a question for my history class... Why have modern historians studying the American revolution linked the Lord... show more Now I read all about the Proclamation, and I know what it's about. Like how Dunmore wanted all the slaves to fight with him...I've read three different websites describing it to me. I have a question for my history class...
Why have modern historians studying the American revolution linked the Lord Dunmore proclamation of November 1775 and the unrest of which he hoped to take advantage to the decision to declare independence?

I just don't understand the last part. What does it mean "unrest of which he hoped to take advantage to declare independence"? Can someone please help?
1 answer 1