Desktop won't start up?

I recently built a custom ptc and it worked PERFECTLY for about a few hours! I had windows running, I had had everything running smoothe! Until all of the sudden it stopped working. I can still power on my computer and ill see the LED lights and the fans moving. The power supply is more than enough to handle all the parts and theres fairly good ventilation! All the parts are compatible so thats not ghe issue it just wont Go into the bios or anything else. Here's a list of what I checked

I tried another hard drive

Re-did the case wiring

Checked the RAM

The hard drive (Others didn't work either

• Bob
    Favorite Answer

Hey, that is a great question,welcome to answers, I hope this information helps.

You could try shutting it down and when you start it up press F8 repeatedly until you get a screen with the option to boot to the Last Known Good Configuration. Try this first and see if it makes a difference. A second way to get there.

Start Menu->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore. Choose the most recent date before the encountered problem. If it doesn't work, try the next date.

Post the brand and complete model number and installed operating system when asking a question to get the best help. You need to post full details of the problem and what you want to do.

I am dedicated to providing you with an excellent experience. I am here to answer your questions and resolve any problems you may have. We promise to finding a successful resolution. You are my focus. Resolving whatever issues that brought you to Yahoo Answers is our mission.

Source(s):

CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Professional