Custom built pc help!!!!!?

So I just finished building my pc and installing windows and some programs, but I have one issue. The computer randomly shut off and the bios, nor the OS is loading. It's as if the monitor isn't connected. Here's a list of everything I checked.

The HDMI cable

The case wiring

The hard drive (tried another)

What can I check now? There's no way my computer could have over heated.

The computer did start up earlier so I know everything is compatible! The monitor is on and working, it just says no signal.

Favorite Answer

Your issue isn't quite clear. Are you saying that having shut down it doesn't come back on at all?

Do you hear any beeps when you turn it on? Do you hear or observe the fans on the CPU and Video Card coming on?

Remove the RAM, verify that the RAM is the right type for your motherboard and that you have it in the recommended configuration which the motherboard documentation says. Make certain each piece of RAM clicks firmly into place.

You say the OS isn't loading? Are there any messages? Is anything at all displayed on the monitor when you power the computer on? Have you checked the settings of the monitor, that it is looking for signal on the correct port? Many monitors have multiple connections and you have to tell it which one you are using: HDMI1, HDMI2, VGA, DVI, etc.

If you would like to discuss this more directly you can contact me at my screen name at yahoo.com

There are a few possibility that would cause this, if I was there, I could easily diagnose your problem.

Is your Monitor actually on or does it work?

Does your Monitor say "No signal"? If so it is a problem with your computer.

Does your Power Supply Have enough wattage to support your system? You may have to Upgrade it to match your other parts.

Is everything in it new? If it is not, then something may be broke, most likely the motherboard or the possessor.

If you have any other questions, email me @

dallas.bourg@live.com

• ?

sounds like it's over heating. did you put thermal compound between the heat sink and the CPU. also check the wattage of the power supply. depending on what you got in it. you need at least 350 W to 400W +.