Is North Carolina DMV rules same as California DMV rules?

Is North Carolina DMV rules same as California DMV rules for driving test written/road test?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

There are some similarities, but they are different. I currently carry a driver's license from NC (I live there part-time), but my main home is in the SF Bay Area in California (but had carried a CA DL for 30 years). When I took the test at the State Trooper's Office (not the DMV, they don't have one for DL's, only for vehicle registration called the Plate Agency in NC), I had to take the written test, a test of recognition of posted signs common to NC, and an eye examine which is different from CA's. The basic driving rules are the same, but now out in NC they have driving rules which are for "Rural" areas in the test which CA doesn't use at all, and with signs that are specific to "Rural" use.

Suspensions MUST be resolved by the courts, and DMV of the state that suspended your license. By the way most Californians find the term "Cali" VERY disrespectful. "Cali" is a drug city in South America. WE abbreviate our states name "Cal". Saying Cali here will label you as a tourist or a "poser".

• wizjp

Nope. No 2 states are exactly the same.