Is a German Shephard a good breed for a first time pet owner?

Hi there everyone! :) I've been thinking about what kind of dogs I would like to adopt in the near future, of course, i still need to save up sooooo much more money for one! lol! Anyways, i'm very interested in the German Shephard, but is it the right breed for a first time owner? I have never had any pets... show more Hi there everyone! :)
I've been thinking about what kind of dogs I would like to adopt in the near future, of course, i still need to save up sooooo much more money for one! lol! Anyways, i'm very interested in the German Shephard, but is it the right breed for a first time owner? I have never had any pets and I want one so bad!!! If no, then do you think a Pomeranian would be a better choice for a first time pet? That one is my second choice. My lifestyle is pretty busy too, so I really have to think about that. What do you guys think? Any answers from GSD/Pomeranian owners would be really helpful too! Thank you! :)