12 year old long distance relationship?

I am 13 and my cousin is 12.. she goes on this online chat room where you have to be 13+ to be on it but she just lies and says shes 13.. she met this boy on there she really likes and thinks he likes her and he is 14 and she is 12 and his birthday is ONE day after hers so they are like EXACTLY 2 years apart..she plans on telling him shes 12 if he asks or admits to liking her but..should a 12 year old be online dating someone 2 years older than her or online dating AT ALL? He's in a different country but he doesnt really share info with anyone except her, and he tells her EVERYTHING and they skype and vid chat and stuff and he is DEFINITELY not a horny pedo like most guys, we know all that and we know to NEVER give nude pics or anything because us being young, we personaly both think thats nasty xDD so do you think they should date about being kinda young and long distance? and she doesnt plan on telling her mom or anything because she does NOT have a close relationship with her mom and its SO awkward but...do you think she should be long distance dating or online dating? my 12 year old friend is long distance dating someone from instagram and they facetime and stuff..and hes gotta be at LEAST 3 years older than her..the age difference is not the concern here, just the thought of a 12 year old long distance dating concerns me..but any tips or thoughts? thanks (:

Favorite Answer

Sounds pretty harmless. The only thing I would caution her against is becoming too emotionally invested in this "relationship" since it almost certainly won't go anywhere.

i'm 12 i have a boyfriend in PA who is 15 i however live in OR we love eachother it may be a secret but who cares we met on Minecraft. It's me and him we can make mistakes but for christmas now he's coming to OR i'm super excited. My point is let her talk around its not like she's getting hurt i'm not.

i think its harmless for them to be in a long distance realtionship/ dating online. I would just be cautious about them doing inappropriate things on video chat, and I'd monitor her when she's talking to him. Im 13 and i live in IL and i have a long distance boyfriend who is 15 who lives in VA. my point is, as boys and girls get older, they're going to want to do what they want to do and might not listen to what you have to say. Just tell her to be careful, dont be to invested in it, and live her young young life. Good luck!

Since we know hes not a pedo she shouldnt be in a long distance relationship at all

NO tell her to ignore him 13 year olds shouldnt even date at all

So here the deal i think that u should tell her to not tell him anything personal because what will happen he gets mad or something he will use it against her, and you should talk to him and see whats up. and also i think she shouldn't thats a NO

Just ignore it. They can't do anything from long distance.

No