Is it hard for an American student to get into Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland?

I have decided recently that I want to go to college out of country. I really want to experience the world and explore other cultures. Keeping that in mind I started researching and found out about TCD. Dublin seems to have the same type of weather we have in my area which is Great :D! Also trinity college is... show more I have decided recently that I want to go to college out of country. I really want to experience the world and explore other cultures. Keeping that in mind I started researching and found out about TCD. Dublin seems to have the same type of weather we have in my area which is Great :D! Also trinity college is supposed to be very highly ranked in Ireland which is another plus. I am highly interested in this college, but not sure how to proceed. I want to major in library sciences, so is that an extremely competitive major to apply for? Will I have to go through a lot of legal stuff because I am not an Irish resident, and if so what should I look into to remedy the problem? The website for the college is a bit confusing so I couldn't find what I needed. Are there scholarships available for out of country students? Also back to the major bit, are there any classes I should make sure to take in high school that can help me with my major or even just help me to get admitted? Does trinity college have dorms like American colleges do? Last but not least, what is college life like at trinity? Does it meet expectations? Any information at all about trinity college would be greatly appreciated!!!