If police told Zimmerman to stay in the car when he called them, why didn't he?

I don't live in Florida, and Florida "stand your ground laws" mean absolutely nothing to me since I live in Southern CA. And this case has NOTHING to do with my politics or what I believe is best for the country. But just a basic common sense question here.......if police told Zimmerman to stay in... show more I don't live in Florida, and Florida "stand your ground laws" mean absolutely nothing to me since I live in Southern CA. And this case has NOTHING to do with my politics or what I believe is best for the country. But just a basic common sense question here.......if police told Zimmerman to stay in the car when he called them, then why didn't he?
Update: Take it easy everybody! Just trying to get the facts straight! So a cop didn't tell him to stay in the car, a dispatcher told him quite simply "not to follow". And when he got out of his car, Trayvon Martin jumped him? Is that how it went down? (were the police already on their way?)