Steven
Lv 4
Steven asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

What Defense Position does A Runningback usually play?

What position do they USUALLY play?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We had a huge program. I was on the depth charts at MLB, OLB, SS, and FS. But our backs almost never played both ways so I rarely played defense in games other than starting all the games at SS on JVs my sophomore season. I wound up starting most of the games at tailback that year too but after that the coaches decided I was better as a running back than a defender so I got switched to fullback and usually didn't even practice defense other than drills or if someone was hurt after that season.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It depends on the player. However, if a running back plays a defensive position, he/she would usually play at defensive end.

• wach
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

in case you do no longer comprehend you haven't any company playing yet... Quarterback-Passes to receivers should be clever and function a stable arm Halfback (runningback) - runs the ball should be speedy and agile Fullback - Lead blocker for the halfback should be stable and function a low middle of gravity huge Receiver - Has to have stable potential to capture and velocity Tight end - a much bigger better WR Offensive Linemen - massive adult men block for the ability gamers listed above somebody else can guard protection for you

• 7 years ago

If you're more of a power back, then LB might be an appropriate spot. Usually, though, you'd see a RB at either safety position, not a lot of wear-and-tear and keeps you fresh for offense.

Source(s): Wi
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

There is no set position on defense that a running back plays.. Where he plays depends on his talents and skills and where he is needed.... Good luck......

• 7 years ago

Usually the RB are the best athletes. The somewhat bigger guys will play LB, while the quick speedier guys will play DB.

• 7 years ago

most likely a corner or safety but if the RB is on the larger side possibly linebacker.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.