Steven
Steven asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

What Defense Position does A Runningback usually play?

What position do they USUALLY play?

Favorite Answer

We had a huge program. I was on the depth charts at MLB, OLB, SS, and FS. But our backs almost never played both ways so I rarely played defense in games other than starting all the games at SS on JVs my sophomore season. I wound up starting most of the games at tailback that year too but after that the coaches decided I was better as a running back than a defender so I got switched to fullback and usually didn't even practice defense other than drills or if someone was hurt after that season.

• Cu Tie

It depends on the player. However, if a running back plays a defensive position, he/she would usually play at defensive end.

• wach

in case you do no longer comprehend you haven't any company playing yet... Quarterback-Passes to receivers should be clever and function a stable arm Halfback (runningback) - runs the ball should be speedy and agile Fullback - Lead blocker for the halfback should be stable and function a low middle of gravity huge Receiver - Has to have stable potential to capture and velocity Tight end - a much bigger better WR Offensive Linemen - massive adult men block for the ability gamers listed above somebody else can guard protection for you

If you're more of a power back, then LB might be an appropriate spot. Usually, though, you'd see a RB at either safety position, not a lot of wear-and-tear and keeps you fresh for offense.

Source(s): Wi

There is no set position on defense that a running back plays.. Where he plays depends on his talents and skills and where he is needed.... Good luck......

Usually the RB are the best athletes. The somewhat bigger guys will play LB, while the quick speedier guys will play DB.

most likely a corner or safety but if the RB is on the larger side possibly linebacker.