Where is it legal to shoot a firearm in MA?

I'm getting my FID and my first gun soon (Remington 870 Express), and I was wondering where I would be allowed to shoot it other than at ranges. Is it legal to go deep enough into the woods and just shoot targets? I would like real answers not idiots who THINK they know things. Thanks.

There's not a whole lot of open area's in Eastern MA where you can just shoot. Some in Central MA, and a lot more in Western MA. Your best bet is to join a club. There's no shortage of ranges but with Rifles and Shotguns, their no fun. All depends on where you live.

Also, I'm not sure how old you are or what town your in, but if you are 21 I would strongly advice applying for LTC-A and not FID. Any questions feel free to PM me

Source(s): Gun Owner

In MA ??? I bet the Boston police are on their way to your house right now, just for posting this question. MA is the least Constitution friendly state in America.

If you bought your gun at a gun store, they should have been able to tell you. If you bought from a private party, just call the police station or call a lawyer.