New MacBook - how to sync to iPod without deleting everything on iPod?

I have a new laptop, without any music on its iTunes. I would like to put all of music I have on my iPod (which is different than the music on my old computer's iTunes, due to manual syncing options) onto the new computer. How do I sync my iPod to the new computer without deleting everything from the iPod?

In my mind, I want the iPod to be "in control," I suppose - syncing its media content to the laptop. But, it seems right now the computer is in control, and if the MacBook's iTunes is empty, and I try to sync my iPod to it, all of the iPod's music will be removed. What to do? Any help is appreciated. I did try Googling, but found mixed results from different versions of both iTunes and MacBooks.

Favorite Answer

"...different versions of both iTunes and MacBooks"

That's right. What are you asking about?

If this is a "Touch", it has Internet access. Other iPods do not. If not a Touch, you put the files on the iPod from another computer. Apple would expect you to go to that computer, and use a thumb drive to move the files from that computer to this Mac. If you got the songs by download, download again on the Mac. See how easily Apple has this figured out?

For new systems, read this...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1535

Technically, it is "managing media". "Syncing" means applying the same exact setup on both the computer and the mobile device. Yes, the computer is supposed to be in control. The iPod was designed as a player. The computer originally was thought to be the sole extractor. That's because in 2001, when this idea was hatched at Apple, all music came on CDs. How ya gonna put a CD in an iPod? The plan was to put CDs in the Mac's CD drive, and extract song files. Then synch the Mac's iTunes library to the iPod. A week later, when you have added 20 or 100 more songs to the Mac's iTunes library, you synch again, and the new songs are automatically added to the iPod–– and any "I now hate this song" that you trashed from iTunes are removed from the iPod during the synching process. This is the idea of "SYNCHRONOUS" –– from the Greek for "same time".

Things got a bit turned around with the iPod Touch in 2007, because since it was really a small computer with Internet connection, now people decided to download songs (legally?) directly to their iPod Touch.

The best way to do this would be to take a thumb drive to the other computer and copy all the music files to the drive. You are expecting to use the iPod as if it were a drive. Older iPods had this option, but newer iPods do not,because they do not use Mac file format on the storage. Better to use a drive. If you are still determined to use the iPod as a drive, try one of the options at the links below.

<0-0>

An iPod can be synced with only one iTunes account at a time. once you switched to a new iTunes account or a new computer. You have to authorize your iPod to it at first, then you can upload music and video from the new iTunes to your iPod. But this way will overwrite the original files on iPod with the new iTunes. You may try this iPod transfer, it can help you copy files from iPod to computer for backup, you can also use it as an iTunes alternative to upload music and video. It will not erase your original iPod files. It's safe and works pretty well for me.

http://goo.gl/sPQaZ

Hope this helps.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axN6e

You cant... It's considered a new iTunes library and you cannot use two iTunes libraries with the same iDevice.