Will Russia ever have equal rights for LGBT as compared to non LGBT?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

What Russia has is an incredibly long history of no rights for anybody--interspersed with periods of more or less enlightened despotism (depending, of course, on the despot), with brilliant civilization at some levels and fairly good times for everyone else. Nowadays, under Putin, with Putin's incredibly astute handling of the vast Russian natural gas reserves, Russia is going through one of her brilliant, civilized periods--For the first time in her very, very long history, no one's poor in Russia any more (in the sense of starving to death in the snow). Unfortunately, as always, the new era seems to reflect the character of its Leader, both in its strengths and its defects--and Putin, through in many respects a good, just--even sweet--man, is something of a macho homophobe. In twenty years he will be gone, even more Russians will be living above the poverty line (thanks to Gazprom), and the Medvedevs of the country will quietly repeal the "anti-gay-propaganda" laws.

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I grew up at a period in time when under Communism in the Soviet Union there were NO rights. So my answer is yes. I am sure someone is going to wake up to the fact that there are LGBT people in their country of present Russia.

• 8 years ago

If history is any indication, then yes it will. But seeing the recent legislature they've enforced it's likely going to take a long time.

• 8 years ago

nope

Russia is an officially atheist nation

and as Darwinians they regard homosexuality as an evolutionary joke, not to be encouraged.

but at least they aren't rounded up and sent to labour camps for re-education like in China.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.