Which laptop to get for MineCraft and school work?

I want to get a laptop for gaming and school work..... But mostly for gaming. I want a good laptop that can run minecraft with a 64-bit (forgot what it is called) so I can run the render distance on far. If you have seen SkyDoesMineCraft, NoahCraftFTW, JeromeASF, ETC., they have really good computers/laptops and I would like something similar to that so minecraft can run smoothly. Also, something for schoolwork. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

Asus has one option which plays Minecraft and other games with superior performance. It has really good features which makes it a good performing laptop. As you have mentioned that you want a laptop primarily for gaming than I would recommend this one to you.

It has really good features which include Intel i7 4700HQ and 12 GB DDR3 which means you can perform each and every task with absolute efficiency. It has huge 1024 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive. It has 17.3-Inch Screen with Nvidia GTX765M 2GB GDDR5. It has Windows 8 and 3.5-Hour Battery Life. So overall it is perfect for gaming and other tasks. You can see here is a comment of an actual user which explains that how it actually performs while playing games and performing tasks:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3ETFK97E8HH41/ref=cm...

So a good game player and performer of the different tasks. I would recommend this laptop to you. But there are other options in the market as well. You can review them decide for yourself whatever is perfect for you. See the list of the best selling laptops:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/5...

Pretty much any laptop is good for school work. What you need to focus on is the under the hood specs.

Most laptops nowadays come with 64 bit, so thats not a problem. The main thing you need to get is an Intel i5 processor and above. Most AMDs and i3 processors get bogged down when gaming and are the main problem behind lag. Runing minecraft on far render with all the visual settings set to high on an i3 will most likely just cause it to freeze up.

Look for at least 4GB of RAM, the standard nowadays. If its 4 sticks of 1 GB RAM its better, because the work load is divided up.

Check the Graphics. Usually anything will do for minecraft, but if your going for the best performance steer clear of UMA graphics cards. They share the processing power causing it to run slower.

Unfortunately, all these specifications wont find you a laptop much cheaper than around $550. Look for laptops that arent touchscreen, you could save some money there. Comparison shop and just be smart, but make sure you realize how much you can spend.

Hope I helped!

Best Laptop For School Work

If you wont be wanting to take a laptop anywhere, get a desktop. it can run minecraft much better for the same price. Make sure you dont get "Integrated graphics" which just use your ram as a gpu replacement and arent good at all. I would recommend you get a desktop.

I would recommend a macbook air or a normal mac whichever works there both fast.