Help me choose a book to read!?

I have a summer reading assignment and I am to choose and read one of the books listed below. I have no idea which to choose! *I have also listed each books' author right after the title of each book.

The Three Musketeers -Duma

Lorna Doone - Blackmore

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer- Twain

Kidnapped-Stevenson

The Stranger-Camus

Drums Along the Mohawk-Edmonds

The Sun Also Rises-Hemingway

A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court-Twain

The Robe-Douglas

The Natural-Malmund

The Picture of Dorian Gray-Wilde

East of Eden-Steinbeck

The Jungle-Sinclair

"Benito Cereno"(short story)-Melville

A Raisin in the Sun -Hansbury

Favorite Answer

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court-Twain

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer- Twain

Drums Along the Mohawk- Edmonds

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer- Twain

The Three Musketeers -Duma

The Picture of Dorian Gray - Wilde is interesting. It gets kinda trippy but if you like twists you might enjoy. The beginning is a little slow but if you stick to it, it gets crazy.

The Sun Also Rises - Hemingway

I haven't read it but I tried reading For Whom The Bell Tolls by Hemingway and I just couldn't get through it. He used a lot of details, not a lot of dialogue. If you like descriptions, go for it. But if you're like me, maybe not?

East of Eden - Steinbeck

Again, haven't read it but I enjoyed Of Mice and Men. So maybe give it a try? Plus it has received very good reviews on Amazon.

As for the rest I would suggest Duma or Twain, since they are definitely classics and I want to read The Three Musketeers myself. Check Amazon for the star ratings and see which one appeals to you the most.

Source(s): East of Eden: http://www.amazon.com/books/dp/0140186395 Amazon.com