Luke asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 8 years ago

What do you think of the NSA spying on Europe?

Edward Snowden has helped a lot. It seems as though he was telling the truth as the us government are now trying actively to pursue him though he has been able to seek asylum. They are now accusing him of espionage. Personally this NSA spying procedure or PRISM is ridiculous. It is in violation of civil rights and privacy. It has created a separation between Europe and the USA. Your opinions please?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Psst, everyone spies on everyone else. It is what they do. (It is a secret, shhh)

Thing is, don't you wish you knew this when first coming on the internet.

• John
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

We simply do not know the details of the allegations made by Mr Snowden against the NSA. If you look at his 'revelations', he has in fact revealed very little. A point which the general public around the world do not know is that Intelligence Services have a kind of 'Co-Op'. This is their version of the Police 'Interpol Agency'. Whatever this Service is called, it sends details from one Nations Intelligence to another in real time of data that is of common interest. So it is unlikely the U.S. was Spying on anyone when you think about this arrangement.

• 8 years ago

That is what you are paying for. People in Britain are paying for GCHQ to spy on you. It is a mutual arrangement. It gets round a lot of laws and constitutional blocks and things. If we find out your Senators are in the pay of the Chinese secret service or something, we tell the NSA and they tell the FBI. Likewise, if the NSA bugs our MP's and finds that some of them are getting laid day and night courtesy of the Russian Intelligence service, they tip off MI5 who tip off the Prime Minister.

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

"My understanding is that espionage means giving secret or classified information to the enemy.

Since Snowden shared information with the American people, his indictment for espionage should reveal that the US Government views you and me as the enemy".

Ron Paul

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Every major nation spies on as many other nations, including its allies, as it can. And every nation knows it. This was no news to the governments involved. However public exposure of the fact requires a certain amount of public posturing and public displays of indignation.

• 8 years ago

Its called "passing the buck" (responsibility for the fallout if the citizens discovered they have been spied on by their own government)

The arrangement is -Ill spy on your citizens for you if you will spy on my citizens for me.

Mutually reciprocal benefits? No fall out if discovered?

Brilliant.

Ingenious. If I may say so myself.

• Dirk
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

So what? What the hell are any of us going to do about it? Thats right nothing and life will continue for you as usual, unless your

e-mailing and calling terrorists.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

it is sick

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.