Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 7 years ago

Opinions on what beauty product is more worth it?

I am going to Chanel today and I have money to either get the chance perfume for $90 or get the $45 foundation and a couple other things. I already have foundation but I love love Chanel's and it matches my skin tone perfectly and since it has a strong frangrence in the foundation I wouldn't use it everyday. So it's good I have another foundation. I also want the perfume prada candy. So I could either get prada candy and the foundation or just the chanel chance perfume. Iv wanted chanel chance for a really long time now... But it is just so much money. Opinions?

Favorite Answer

Many beauty & hair products now have LABEL INGREDIENTS and DISCLAIMERS, specially makeup, they are required to put labels so consumers are aware to watch for chemicals: DBP, TITANIUM, MERCURY, HYDROQUINONE, formaldehyde or Toluene solvent, that causes cancer or harm us. In other words, less is MORE.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/NewsEvents/ConstituentUpda...

The sun and too much soaking in the tub or pool are SKIN'S worst enemies, so it's not the makeup that keeps the skin FLAWLESS, is about good skin care and how you're taking care or exposing your skin from the environment AND what foods you're eating. That keeps the skin young looking. Beauty products don't help you prevent moles, freckles, or other skin diseases, they are a billion dollar business. People in other parts of the world don't have high-end products, and have beautiful skin.

Servings of 3-5 fresh fruits & vegetables daily. Google: FIVE FOODS TO EAT FOR BEAUTIFUL SKIN

All the vitamins & minerals you need for good skin care comes from all the healthy foods you eat from Mother Nature, not made by man, those can do more harm than good.

Some perfumes may stink on you, depends on body chemistry. So, even the best-selling fragrance, may not smell well on you, but best answer is to try on a sample, and see HOW it reacts on your skin.

How I know this? I bought dh one of the best colognes, smell good on another guy, but it didn't on him.

This girl @ work, also has BO. Everyone knows she comes to work, like she showered everyday, looking fresh right out of the shower, etc. but she's got BO. Why? Her perfume is causing her to smell like she stinks!

Perfumes I hate: Scada, Michael Kors.

I like Bulgary Mon Jasmin Noir.

http://us.bulgari.com/productDetail.jsp?…

I also like Chanel 5.

I bought Chanel 5, spray, but it was making me sick, it was just too powerful . . . .even though I loved it when I had a sample, so I took it back and got an exchange for the real perfume, that you only use very little, NOT SPRAYED ON.

BTW: They go on my wrist, behind the neck, why waste expensive perfumes by putting them on your dress? How is your blood flow (veins) going to activate the scent?

You are supposed to apply the perfume to your pulse points..those are the warmest spots on your body (with the excepting of your head). I've also heard that rubbing the perfume is bad..it "breaks" the perfume.

Source(s): 5 decades of great fashion, skin, & hair savvy.