Should I keep my cat alive or put her down? (fatty liver disease)?

My cat was diagnosed with fatty liver disease on Monday. For the past two weeks; she has been lethargic, hiding everywhere, quiet, doesn't want to be pet, not very friendly... This is not anything like her. She also went from 11 to 8 pounds in the course of a couple months, which the vet said was very drastic.... show more My cat was diagnosed with fatty liver disease on Monday. For the past two weeks; she has been lethargic, hiding everywhere, quiet, doesn't want to be pet, not very friendly... This is not anything like her. She also went from 11 to 8 pounds in the course of a couple months, which the vet said was very drastic. She's just bones now and is losing some of her fur in areas. My fiance and I, did some research about the disease on Tuesday and started force feeding her on Wednesday. She put up a huge fight but we almost got a full 3oz can of wet food (mixed with pumpkin) in her. On Thursday, we got another 3oz in her. Yesterday was what made me worried that force feeding her is the wrong thing to do. In the morning, my fiance had to fight with her a ton and she only ended up getting 1/4 of a 3oz can in her. When I got home from work at 6 I also tried to feed her, she only got a little nibble in before she threw up violently. We then tried to feed her around 2 in the morning and she threw up violently JUST from the smell of the food. We didn't end up force feeding her because of that. She also refuses to drink anything and we have yet to see her use the litter box to even pee. I know there is a chance for her to get better, if it's caught in time but is this normal? She's not eating anywhere close to enough food and when she throws up at the smell of food it breaks my heart and I don't want to force her to eat after that... She doesn't seem happy anymore, just scared. I don't know what the right thing to do is. I love her more than anything and I don't want to put her down, she's my baby. Is this all for nothing???
Update: We can't afford the feeding tube option, that is why we are feeding her at home.