Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 7 years ago

What could go wrong in dying your blonde hair dark?

I have dark dirty blonde hair and really dark thick eyebrows. I asked previously asked a question wether I should dye my hair dark brown or light brownish black.

I got responses saying that dying hair dark almost always ends horribly.

What could possibly go wrong, I mean I would only do a two week wash out dye if anything did go wrong- but what could go wrong?!?

• Favorite Answer

no. Dying hair darker, weither it be at home or done professionally at a salon won't go wrong. The darker, the safer you'll be. LIGHTENING hair on the other hand, is what you need to watch out for. Bleaching is worse than hair dye for coloring becuase it can cause a lot more unknown issues to your hair because it is taking out color in your hair (going lighter) which is open for things to go wrong such as leaving your hair, most of the time, multi colored. Going darker is best, hair box dye isn't bad for dying hair when going darker. Nothing will go wrong, just pick out the right shade for you that is darker than your natural color and you'll be good to go. Don't worry, whoever has told you that has no idea what they are talking about.

Source(s): hair dresser.