What kinds of evidence can I use in court in Washington state?

My boss has been paying me below 3.00 an hour while the minimum wage in Washington is over 9.00. 11 hour days, 6 days a week and lots of unpaid overtime.

I'm working on gathering proof to stabilize my case but she's been giving me personal checks for my paychecks so I don't have pay stubs. Also, we never wrote out a contract or wrote out a schedule. I know that is not good. She also never gave me a W2 so I know now that I owe the IRS. My ideas thus far are : my bank history (there's a pattern of 250.00 every week, personal checks from her, for a year.) And having customers be witnesses for my hours.

I'm feeling very alone in this and hate to be in this position, But she has been robbing me for a long time and it's not ok. I need to make this case as stable as possible.

@thegreatquizoo I am a us citizen born and raised in washington state. Are you sure I can get my unpaid wages that way in Washington? I've noticed that a lot of states differ.

• Favorite Answer

Are you a citizen or a legal resident of the US, with a green card? If so, go to the Washington State Department of Labor. They will get your money for you, you do not have to do it personally

sophisticated thing query on to google it may help