Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

How Did All The Planets Get Where They Are Now?

Who placed them there?

Favorite Answer

A combination of the big bang, universal expansion, dark energy and gravity.

• ?

Two possible answers to your question.

The first the normal function of already in place natural law. That seems to be true for most observable star systems.

The second possible answer calls for this stellar system to be part of an engineering project designed to produce a rocky semi-metallic planet planet protected by large gas giants away from their normal place close to a star in the habitable zone having a very large (relative to size) moon with a strong enough gravity to stabilize axial tilt at between twenty and twenty five degrees.

So you see there are two possible answers. You decide which is true.

If there are other possible answers, please let me know.

Source(s): common sense science

I only remember school lying to me about one thing, they told me God was real.

Growing up in England I went to a school where every so often we would have the local vicar come in to take assembly.

One time he brought in balls to model the planets and Sun and got volunteers to model the solar system. When it got to Earth he said something like "God is so amazing, he put us exactly in place so we could have life. One step further away from the Sun and we'd freeze, one step closer to the Sun and we'd burn."

Thinking back it sometimes makes me angry that in a place of education he could declare this as fact (it was not a faith school). Of course I grew up and found out the Earth's orbit does bring it closer and further away from the Sun to give us seasons. I believe it is no mistake we find ourselves on this planet and we are hugely blessed but only because if it were different it is another species that would have evolved here. How privileged we are!

Attending nativity plays is something I have mixed feelings about, they are sweet but very misplaced much like the vicar's talk on the solar system imposed on young impressionable minds.

• Rick

A big cloud of interstellar dust became attracted to itself via gravity. As the cloud contracted, it began to spin. Particles in the cloud became larger and larger as gravity pulled them together. Eventually, the largest objects attracted everything in their orbits and the planets were born except in the Asteroid belt where scientists believe that the gravitational pull of Jupiter and the Sun in opposition to each other prevents the asteroids from forming a planet. No intelligent being was required.

• "Who placed them there?"

Logical fallacy: Begging the Question

The planets got where they are now because of that big not-so-large looking bright disc in the sky.

• Lance

Gravity caused them to be where they are. Sometimes one will get away and become a rough planet.

• Moi

GODDIDIT!

Psa 19:1 [[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.]] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Nobody placed them there. Planets are formed when asteroids and planetoids are drawn together by mutual gravity.

The laws of physics put them there.

Who placed Sahara desert in africa and not in America?