Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 years ago

Girlfriend issues? (Girls answer please)?

My girlfriend doesn't like me talking to these two girls at my school. I am about to go to a party with my girlfriend, and one of the girls she doesn't like is going to be there. I asked her if she doesn't want me talking to her and she said "It's up to you". I know she doesn't like her and its a small party, so I bet she'll confront me at some point. I don't know if I should just ignore her and walk away, or what. My girlfriend will not give me a clear answer, just "It's up to you".

Favorite Answer

Is there a reason she doesn't like you talking to them other than the fact that they are girls and she is a bit jealous?? If they have done nothing disrespectful and you have given her no reason to think there is something going on then there is no reason to treat them with disrespect because your girlfriend can not be mature enough to understand that you socialize with members of the opposite sex and can't handle a few minutes of polite conversation even if they are not her favorite people. You don't need to hang with them all night but ignoring them is rude if they did nothing wrong.

Now I am sure she means that she doesn't want you saying anything to this person with her "it's up to you" answer but you need to decide what kind of person you want to be.

To be honest, even if these girls have made passes at you the best thing she could do is be on your arm and trade polite hellos with these girls to show that you have a good relationship and she is not threatened by them.

Hmm...don't be rude to the other girl by ignoring her if she's just trying to be nice, but if she's flirting, tell her that you're not interested and you have a girlfriend. Stay clear of the girl..but as I said don't ignore her. Explain to your girlfriend that she's just a friend and that your not interested in her cause you have her (your girlfriend)lol :) good luck!

In other words she is jelous and you should avoid the other girl as in girl language "its up to you" means obviously i don't want you talking to her but i dont want to be annoying or needy

IN GIRL LAUNGUAGE, ''IT'S UP TO YOU'' MEANS, "YOU'DE BETTER STAY AWAY FROM THAT ***** OR YOU WILL BE DEAD OR IN THE BEST CASE SINGE" ;)

believe me buddy she actually does.

Source(s): an expert in psychology.