Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 8 years ago

Boxing Fans: Do you have a favorite boxer from every decade of professional boxing?

From what I have read, seen or heard here's my list:

1880's - None

1890's - None

1900's - James J. Jeffries

1910's - None really

1920's - Harry Greb

1930's - Marcel Thil

1940's - Anton Christoforidis

1950's - Rocky Marciano

1960's - László Papp

1970's - Carlos Monzón

1980's - Mike Tyson (Hate to admit it, but I was only a kid surrounded from "open-minded" liberal older people in and outside my family. I had none back then to raise me properly and help me to be the proud racially awaken European man I have become for over 13 years now.....So yes I was another victim of Zionist-American crusade and I idolized this racist, uneducated, overrated rapist)

1990's - Dariusz Michalczewski, Kostya Tszyu in a tie

2000's- The Klitschkos and Joe Calzaghe in a tie

2010's - Too many to name. GGG, Canelo, Sergio Martinez, Klitschkos blah blah.

Update:

Salido, I think I explained it a$$shole. But I am in process to delete him from my memory and bio and replace him with Barry McGuigan. Let's say 5'10 chubby Tyson was lucky enough to fight in an era that Eastern Euros were still commies and couldn't compete as pros. Your hero would never become a champ if that was the case and we all know that very well, hombre ;)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello my dear friend Theo. Here is my list sir:

1880's: John L. Sulivan

1890's: John L. Sullivan

1900's: Bob Fitzsimmons

1910's: Stanley Ketchel

1920's: Harry Greb

1930's: Mickey Walker

1940's: Billy Conn

1950's: Rocky Marciano

1960's: Jerry Quarry

1970's: Joe Frazier/Roberto Duran

1980's: Alexis Arguello

1990's: Mickey Ward

2000's: Tomasz Adamek

• 8 years ago

1900's - Sam Langford

1910's - Jimmy Wilde and Ted Kid Lewis

1920's - Harry Greb

1930's - Henry Armstrong

1940's - Billy Conn

1950's - Sugar Ray Robinson

1960's - Muhammed Ali

1970's - Carlos Monzon and Roberto Duran

1980's - Tommy Hearns, Marvin Hagler and Salvador Sanchez

1990's - Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield and Chris Eubank

2000's- Erik Morales, Juan Ma Marquez and Arturo Gatti

2010's - Carl Froch,Román González, Juan Ma Marquez, Tim Bradley and Dmitry Pirog

• 8 years ago

10's - Jack Johnson

20's - Jack Dempsey

30's - Joe Louis

40's - Sugar Ray Robinson

50's - Rocky Marciano

60's - Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali

70's - Muhammad Ali & Roberto Duran

80's - Sugar Ray Leonard & Mike Tyson

90's - Evander Holyfield & Oscar de la Hoya

00's - Lennox Lewis & Manny Pacquiao

10's - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

properly, as i'm an organist, i assume I even must be biased in choosing it. No 2 organs are ever a similar, and this may properly be truly a handicap even as it involves generating "prompt" song on an unfamiliar device or in a distinct acoustic. practice on the device is therefore necessary. What i love about the organ is its history, which covers the better component of two,000 years. basically, we've a tendency to play song between 1500 and the present: a trifling 500 years. some organs are suitable for previous song, and some are suitable for added modern-day song, yet even then, it breaks down into particular countries...France, England, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands etc etc. there's a lot history which should be discovered earlier the song might want to be addressed correct. of route, as slightly of equipment and musical structure, besides as a component of serious visial attractiveness very commonly, the organ is truly complicated. some use trouble-free levers (tracker action), even as others use a mixture of digital, electric powered and pneumatic-action, with pcs to keep each little thing lower than administration. As for the price, the Steinway and Stradvarius gamers are the undesirable kinfolk to the organist. to construct a tremendous organ from scratch, can value many 1000's of thousands of pounds and may want to take 2 or 3 years to finish. If there's a down area, it concerns the song. no longer each little bit of organ-song is to the common of Bach's tremendous organ-works, and assorted garbage has been written. notwithstanding, the great repertoire is compelling stuff, or perhaps as that's wisely performed, very inspirational and extremely effective. As for the pianist who tried to play the organ and failed; why am I no longer suprised? Organ technique is punctiliously distinct to piano technique, and that's no longer in basic terms the pedals. The palms might want to carry notes to their complete fee, and without a keep up pedal, that's critical to augment a finger-substitution technique, which in trouble-free words different musicians jointly with Harpsichordists can understand totally. As an organist, I have a tendency to conflict on the piano; so it incredibly works both techniques.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sean
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

50s: Randolph Turpin

60s: Henry cooper

70s: Muhammad Al

80s: Marvin hagler

90s: Chris eubank

00s: Joe calzaghe

This is my favourite fighters, not the best fighters. I think it's obvious that I'm British!

• teodor
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

2010s----Andre Ward-Floyd Mayweather (tie)

2000s---Floyd Mayweather, Jr.-Manny Pacquiao (tie)

1990s---Evander Holyfield-Roy Jones (tie)

1980s---Sugar Ray Leonard-Larry Holmes (tie)

1970s---Muhammad Ali-Carlos Monzon-Roberto Duran (tie)

1960s---Muahmmad Ali-Flash Elorde (tie)

1950s---Sugar Ray Robinson-Rocky Marciano (tie)

1940s---Joe Louis-Henry Armstrong (tie)

1930s---Joe Louis-Harry Greb (tie)

1920s---Jack Johnson-Jack Dempsey-Pancho Villa (tie)

1910s---Jim Jeffries

1900s---none

• Ghazan
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

1880s:none

'90s:none

1900:none

1910:none

'20s:none

'30s:none

'40s:none

'50s:Liston

'60s:Ali

'70:Duran

'80's:Tyson

'90's:Hamed

2000's:Amir Khan

Ah you have also discovered the zionist conspiracy..welcome to the club man!

Fhukk fox news and cnn

• 8 years ago

"1980's - Mike Tyson"

WHAT?!? How could ANYONE have that phony Mike Tyson ahead of East European all time great and the greatest fighter of the 80's Ivan Drago? Knight, you have officially fallen off brother.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.