Esme or Eloise for a baby girl?

which name do you like better and why?

Favorite Answer

Esme but only if pronounced the French way (es-may) es-me is wayyy too americanised and I'm not keen on that aha!! Love Esme (es-may) I adore the name Esme Violet the only reason I would use the name Esme is because it seems pretentious

• ?

I really like them both but my favorite one would have to be Eloise because it is kind of French and just gorgeous. Esme is pretty too but not in the same way as Eloise is.

I like Eloise. Esme makes me think of Twilight, and Eloise has a lot of cute nicknames, like Elle or Ellie.

I'm not a fan of Esme because its from twilight and it sounds awkward to say (to me its just not a petty name in general). I think Eloise is a lot more feminine and classy, plus that would be easier to pair nicknames with

Esme it's labelled as a twilight name. But I think Esme is a gorgeous name.

• ?

Eloise.

Sorry, I don't like Esme. Eloisa is a very sweet, innocent and calm name. I like Elle/Ellie as a nickname.

Esme. Seems...sophisticated and slightly dark.

Both are nice, but I adore Eloise. It's uncommon but so cute and feminine.

kayla :)