Amea asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 years ago

Do you live at home with your parents have a job and pay no rent?

I have to ask others this question if you are in your early 20s and you have a job say even a little retail job. But you live at home with your parents rent free? Do you go out with friends maybe even a weekend trip away? .. You have fun you live you life and your parents DO NOT bug you about giving them money?

• Corina
    Favorite Answer

im almost 21... 18 days

i live on my own, have since i was 18

I began working full time at 17. I paid board to my parents until I was leaving home to marry. The amount was set with my first paycheck and never changed. So the more successful I was the more money I had to have fun, etc.

There is only one place you can live free and be sure of three meals and a cot. Prison!

Since you even asked the question, you may have guilt. Even though they don't ask, at your age you should be stepping up and taking on some responsibility. I can tell you from being a parent of older children, your parents will feel better if they see you are taking on responsibilities without being asked to do so. They will be glad to see you are progressing from a maturity standpoint. Do what you think is the right thing to do, even though they haven't asked. They will begin to respect you as an adult.

• Hannah

When I was in my early 20's I had a full time job, lived with my parents and paid them a modest amount of money from each pay check. However I also helped with cleaning and laundry.