The rear end of my car is making a squeaking type sound?

Its a 2001 Dodge Neon and it started to make that sound a couple of weeks ago and I don't know why its making the noise and its making me little bit nervous cause I don't want to break down on my way to work or even on my home from work tomorrow night at 10:30 at night when I can't see the road so please help me with the best of your car knowledge cause I don't know anything about cars except they get places that we have to get to on time without breaking down on us thanks

Favorite Answer

Those cars are front wheel drive so the only noise you can have from there would be a wheel bearing or a brake that is dragging. It's easy to diagnose if you can get the thing to a service place where they can listen to the noise and tell you what you need.

• Yeshua

Have a friend push the car up and down and get underneath the car. Check to make sure where it is coming from. If you locate the area or part where it is coming from. Wiggle the part and make sure it is tight. Then if it isn't the suspension it could be a Brake or Wheel Bearing. Wheel bearing is more like a growl sound and the brakes make squeaking sounds.

Source(s): Auto Technician