Medical Discharge from the Army for recurrent kidney stones?

Had another one of numerous appointments regarding kidney stones. I have a binder arranged by year beginning in 2008 ending in June 2013. Every year has at LEAST one piece of medical documents annotating that I had kidney stones; to include lithotripsy, etc.. So that's 5 straight years with some kind of kidney stone issue. Anyways.. My PCM/PCP did put in a profile that pretty much limits me from doing anything and did select that I needed an MEB. After looking through the reg recurrent stones are grounds for an MEB/PEB; however, I am trying to get a little insight to see if anyone has actually been discharged medically, or knows of anyone who was.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

If you've only had approximately one bout with kidney stones a year, why would you have a binder full of this stuff? Do you WANT to be med-boarded? (Not asking to be rude....just need more information).

It doesn't make any sense to me that a PCM would put in a profile. Unless you have some kind of kidney stones that involve lithothripsy or a major surgery every single time, there is no way this is a condition that needs a profile. I have kidney stones frequently...been in the Army for 23 years and counting....even had kidney stones while deployed. I just got pain meds from the medics (or ER when in garrison) and walked on. They give me a medicine called Flomax also. At the most, I get 24 hours quarters. So, there's something that seems like it's missing in your question. No reputable PCM is going to put you on profile without first sending you to see a nephrologist and getting an evaluation. Now, if you are TRYING to get out of the military via the med-board route then maybe your PCM is trying to help you along? Without knowing more, that's all I can advise.

Source(s): personal experience with kidney stones while on active duty Army

1

Source(s): Effective Home Kidney Treatment - http://KidneyHeal.trustdd.com/?pvrg

I follow this kidney stone protocol. Slice a lemon in smaller pieces and simmer in 2 cups of water. When the lemon skin is translucent turn the pot off and let cool. Drink one oz. every 15 minutes until stone passes. Drink cranberry juice between lemon shots. Rinse your mouth out after lemon shot or it can make your teeth sensitive. The lemon is said to trim down the size of the stone and take off the sharp edges so it can pass. Most kidney stones are formed because you are not assimilating your calcium. It does not mean you have too much calcuim as your body could be starving for it but cannot assimilate it. Calcium cannot be assimilated without enough magnesium. Magnesium is the missing mineral. All calcium formulas should have at least half as much magnesium, for instance 500 mg calcium/250magnesium. Some cannot even assimilate the calcium in their food because of not enough magnesium. Taking anti-acids is a common way to get the over load of calcium.

Treatment Reverse Chronic Kidney Problems - http://Kidney.NaturallyGo.com

I couldn't just sit around and do nothing like my doctors suggested.

They didn't want me to do anything or to take herbs or herbal remedies, but I had to try something - they just wanted me to do dialysis!

This program allowed me to take control of my health. I went from Stage 4 to Stage 3 kidney disease.

It was easy to do and my BUN, creatinine and anemia are all in better ranges.

Reversing Your Kidney Disease?