What should I do about my boyfriend? At such a loss.?

Hi all! I'll keep this question shortish but I'm at such a loss. I've been dating this guy for 2 months and I have no idea what to do about him. He is super fun and we have such a blast together. He is a preacher but he has been selling this vitamin supplement. My parents have a huge problem with it because it is under the premise of network marketing and he doesn't seem to think that the entire thing is such a scam. (For the record, I know not all network marketing is a scam but this company is found to be by a majority of people except for him.) The whole point is, he's all about get rich quick. Most people know that getting rich quick is hardly an option for most people, but he seems to think it will happen to him. My mom is worried because she thinks he might be a con-man without a future. He does have his salary from the church he works at though and he does have excellent long term goals, like opening his own church etc. We go out together and we have a blast, he never seems like he doesn't have money or anything like that but of course as all things are subject to change, that could be, too. I guess I'm just so confused because I do really like him, but at the same time, I don't want to be conned. He also pressured me to ask my friends who are nurses and other colleagues if they wanted to sell the stuff and I told him that I didn't want to ask them and annoy them. My mom told me this is a huge red flag. My parents like him as a person a lot, but they don't like what he's doing gettign involved with this network marketing. I guess I just don't know. I really do need help and I would be happy to give out my email to anyone willing to help! xoqueenofheartsxo@yahoo.com. Blessings, Angelina

1 Answer

Relevance
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.