Falling in love with my best friend! What should I do?

Alright, here's the dealio. I've been really close friends with this girl for almost a year now. Just recently I began to develop feelings for her, I wasn't sure if it was just a phase, so I waited a few weeks to see how I felt. Now I like her even more. She used to date my cousin, so idk if that'd be weird for me to date her cuz they had a pretty nasty breakup. And there's also the fact that we are close friends. I feel like I need to tell her tho cuz in 40 days shes going away to college, and our colleges are less than 3 hours apart. We are planning on hanging our one weekend a month for sure, maybe more, so I feel like we'd be able to get a relationship to work still. But idk how to tell her, or even if I should? Is it better to live content with that "what if" lingering, or to put it all on the line with the risk to lose everything? idk what to do...

Favorite Answer

What if? Well I have know this lady for 2 years. After about 6 months we started hangout 5+ times a week we planed a family type trip 1 week before the trip she backed out cause she thought it was moving towards more than friends. Then we didn't talk for a month or so after that. We started talking then hanging-out alot then the first kiss I was already in Love at this point. So after a year+ of knowing her we planed a weekend getaway just her and I. Well we slept together then she stopped talking to me again.. What if?? well I found that out... regrets?? Regret Nothing in life...

So now its 7 months after we stopped talking I sent a text she responded. Is this going to be 3rd times a charm? She truly was and is the best friend I have had. We both understand life without each other is hard but it does go on. We are taking things slow (very hard on my part) but if its meant to be then it will be. We talk share and understand. I am in Love with her and time will tell. Fear is the biggest thing to over come, Will the friendship survive if the romantic side does not? Well it kind of did for me.

BTW I'm 44 and still cant make up my mind at times.

You'll regret it later if you don't- life is about taking risks so go for it, what's the worst that can happen?