Girlfriend following ex boyfriend on twitter?

Hey people,

Piece of advise needed please. My girlfriend is still following her ex boyfriend on twitter, and still has him on facebook. Fine by me, but yesterday she told me she was sick of the stuff her ex posts on twitter about her, so I told her to unfollow him then. I saw today she still follows him. She told me she doesnt care about him and I believe her, though why does she keep on following him?? I am not going to ask her to unfollow him or anything, I would just like to understand why she keeps on following him and complains! Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

It sounds like she might still care about him enough to see whats going on in his life. I don't follow my ex on twitter but sometimes I'll go to his twitter to see what he's been up to. No big deal, it just takes a while to get over someone you cared about for a while.

How do you get ex back? Read here https://tr.im/FT7kf

First: This girl may have been your first love - but she will not be your last love. She was just first. By first, that means there will be a second - and maybe a third and fourth - love. In fact, I rather doubt you really do love her in the way a real relationship works - because you fought all the time and you apparently always had to have the upper hand. If you really loved her you would have been much more considerate of her in the first place.

Second: You are at least man enough to describe what you did to make her break off with you - you argued with her about everything - who she talked to, that she wasn't at your beck and call, everything. Would you want to be with someone who did this to you? Hardly not. Well, neither did she - and she ended it. OK so learn something from this. Don't do this kind of thing to your next girl or you will be back on Y/A crying like you are now. Learn from this. If you need to get counseling - then seek counseling. But at least you recognize what you did to screw things up. That's to your credit. But learn from it.

Third: Can you get her back? No. She has made it clear that she may still like you as a friend - but never again as a lover/boyfriend. Accept that and move on. One thing for sure - stop contacting her and begging her. Do not follow her. Do not make a public scene etc. That is called stalking and in the U.S. it is against the law to stalk someone - which can land you in jail and be labeled a sex offender for the rest of your life. You don't want that. Not good at all.

How do you mend a broken heart? It takes time. LOTS of time. It starts by accepting that the relationship is over and then reflecting on what went wrong and how you contributed to it. You're doing this now - so you're doing the right thing. Stop contacting her because every time you do, you're just tearing open an old wound. Be polite and even friendly when you two meet in person (as you probably will occasionally) but explain to her that you need some time away from her so you can heal from the breakup. Make it stick

Is this easy? No. Breakups hurt all over. They make you sick to your stomach and can even cause you to mess up other things in your life - but that's why they call it lovesick.

Personally, I think she would keep following him because she wants to see what he's up to or to see if he is still insulting her. Maybe she still likes her Ex as a friend and wants him to calm down so they can be friends again.