?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Who are some conservatives who accept AGW and/or favor carbon taxes, Politics?

A certain subset of denialists and skeptics seem positive that anyone arguing the reality of AGW, or at least anyone arguing in favor of carbon taxes to fight AGW, is part of some sort of liberal conspiracy to raise taxes, expand government, and... whatever else it is they're afraid that liberals want to do.

I'd like to do a reality check on this one, however.

So, please list (with sources/links, if possible) any conservative, libertarian, and/or unabashedly capitalists individuals or groups that you are aware of that clearly and obviously agree that AGW is real and at least potentially a problem, and/or argue in favor of carbon taxes.

Favorite Answer

Margaret Thatcher accepted AGW. And so did Arnold Schwartzernegger. And there is also myself.

I don't think that any in Congress favor carbon taxes. But I believe there are a handful who accept the reality of AGW

I am well aware that climate change happens and has happened for thousands of years. I doubt that giving control of the economy to the government will solve something that happens naturally.

Because they are totally un-like Christ and most spiritual teachers. I am getting my CPA soon and going straight into nonprofit accounting to help a cause. I cannot stand big time bankers that work in corporations and banks. They cut throats all day and they are stiff and straight laced Republicans. ITS ALL ABOUT THEM! WHAT IS IT IN FOR ME? HOW CAN I SCREW OVER THE NICE GUY?

Source(s): Spiritualist

Were only liberals taken in by a scammer like Bernie Maddoff.

• L.T.M.

I think this post belongs in religion and spirituality. When people start out spouting crap like "denialists" what they mean is Heretics and at that point I'm done. They don't want answers, they want confirmation.

Scientists arguing that global warming is primarily caused by natural processes

Graph showing the ability with which a global climate model is able to reconstruct the historical temperature record, and the degree to which those temperature changes can be decomposed into various forcing factors. It shows the effects of five forcing factors: greenhouse gases, man-made sulfate emissions, solar variability, ozone changes, and volcanic emissions.[16]

Scientists in this section have made comments that the observed warming is more likely attributable to natural causes than to human activities. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Khabibullo Abdusamatov, mathematician and astronomer at Pulkovo Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences[17]

Sallie Baliunas, astronomer, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics[18][19]

Ian Clark, hydrogeologist, professor, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa[20]

Chris de Freitas, associate professor, School of Geography, Geology and Environmental Science, University of Auckland[21]

David Douglass, solid-state physicist, professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Rochester[22]

Don Easterbrook, emeritus professor of geology, Western Washington University[23]

William M. Gray, professor emeritus and head of the Tropical Meteorology Project, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University[24]

William Happer, physicist specializing in optics and spectroscopy, Princeton University[25]

William Kininmonth, meteorologist, former Australian delegate to World Meteorological Organization Commission for Climatology[26]

David Legates, associate professor of geography and director of the Center for Climatic Research, University of Delaware[27]

Tad Murty, oceanographer; adjunct professor, Departments of Civil Engineering and Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa[28]

Tim Patterson, paleoclimatologist and professor of geology at Carleton University in Canada.[29][30]

Ian Plimer, professor emeritus of Mining Geology, the University of Adelaide.[31]

Nicola Scafetta, research scientist in the physics department at Duke University[32][33]

Tom Segalstad, head of the Geology Museum at the University of Oslo[34]

Fred Singer, professor emeritus of environmental sciences at the University of Virginia[35][36][37]

Willie Soon, astrophysicist, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics[38]

Roy Spencer, principal research scientist, University of Alabama in Huntsville[39]

Henrik Svensmark, Danish National Space Center[40]

Jan Veizer, environmental geochemist, professor emeritus from University of Ottawa[41]

Scientists arguing that the cause of global warming is unknown

Scientists in this section have made comments that no principal cause can be ascribed to the observed rising temperatures, whether man-made or natural. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Source(s): science kiddo is the speed of light,eggheads from timbuktu to CALTECH,to mumbai U,say,'light travels at 300km/sec,,,global warming/mandamde/nature occuring/cause unknown,,lacking agreemment on whether it is occurring,not yet determined,we conclude you want to use govemint workers to tax companies out of business,make your case that it occurs via science,not feelings,before you clean out companies cash registers,