Do you agree that art such as paintings, music and other form have no political, social, or economic meaning?

Explain your answer

• ViRg()
    Favorite Answer

I don't know why but when I read your question all that pop in my head was The DaVinci Code LoL!

Because if you read the book or watched the movie, the infamous painting of The Last Supper contained hidden meanings.

Anyways I digress, art to me is subjective. Open to interpretation same goes for music, dance, etc.

So it's a different experience to different people.

I guess what I'm trying to say is art has meaning it just depends how you look at it.

No. Because art is by its nature a reflection of the artist's environment and his influences. Art from the Renaissance is going to be very different from contemporary art, because the environment and the issues people interact with in a daily basis have hanged since then. And I'm not talking about political cartoons, which are obvious commentary on the times when they were made. I mean that most if not all art is a reflection of the influences the artist has, so in a way, art is a way to interpret the environment the artist created the art in. So no, I do not agree.

Yes,I agree that art such as music,painting and other form have political,social or economic meaning.

• Jan

Surely if a piece has no meaning then it is not art,since "art"" involves layered meanings and complexities. So the answer to your question is no, I do not agree that art has no political, social or economic meaning. It is is a bit like asking is politics political?

wrong, wrong and wrong----I will explain my meaning when you can explain to how the do not have meaning