Should I look for a new job?

I am a 16 year old female going into my junior year of highschool. I have been working at a frozen yogurt store for a few months now. I scoop yogurt, do dishes almost every night, clean bathrooms, mop, sweep, wipe down tables, serve customers, take yogurt temperatures... etc. I get paid 7.25 an hour (which is .15 below minimum wage in my state, because I make tips. Usually 5 bucks per shift). I don't have a car, and this place is 5 miles from my house. I try to get rides from my parents, but when they can't take me, I bike. My sister who works at a local car wash is going away to college in the fall. She cashiers and dries cars. She gets 7.50 aanhour (.10 above min wage) and makes BANK in tips, averaging out to about 13 bucks an hour. I like my current job, but considering they consistently give me 3 hour shifts.... (I work 20 hours a week) it's going to be a while before I buy myself my own car. Should I apply to work at the car wash? It's a lot closer (1.5 miles) and higher pay. My only concern is that I do sports during the school year in the fall and spring. My current job is pretty flexible with it all. What do you guys think? I also have rheumatoid arthritis so im afraid scooping yogurt for this long will do damage later on.

Try the car wash place..when you interview mention you participate in sports so you can only work certain times...if they dont understand there are many places besides yogurt places that do so you can hunt around

You should definitely look into getting a different job. Maybe talk to your sister about age requirements, what they look for in an employee, and maybe ask her to put in a good word for you with her boss? Worth a try!

Goodluck!

Source(s): 16, female, CVS employee.