Katherine asked in HealthDental · 8 years ago

How to whiten teeth WITHOUT whitening strips?

Last year I got my braces off just a few days before school pictures, thank goodness. I decided I wanted my teeth to look great for pictures so I used my first ever whitening strip. It felt odd at first, but I decided to stick it out and it will be fine. 5 minutes into it my teeth on the bottom left felt this hot-cold burning sensation. It hurt so bad, and my gums hurt too. I kept feeling that sensation every 10 minutes or so for about 3 days and I haven't whitened since. So I went to the dentist and they told me my teeth looked great but maybe I should try whitening. So I was like okay and when I got back home I looked in the mirror and realized my teeth are actually kind of yellow. Not like yellow yellow, but it's starting to get that tint. I really want to whiten my teeth, but I'm terrified of it happening again. Also I tried whitening toothpaste before and it doesn't really work for me. Are there any ways to whiten your teeth without using those whitening strips? Thanks

• Molly
    Favorite Answer

I really like using the 3D white toothpaste and Whitening Rise by Crest. I noticed a difference almost immediately

There are techniques the dentist use to whiten teeth that can be done in a day I'm surprise your dentist didn't give you the options when he suggested you getting your teeth whitened. You can use baking soda by taking a bit of baking soda and preparing a paste by combining it with some water and a pinch of salt. Brush your teeth with this paste in a normal manner. After brushing, rinse your mouth properly, to remove all the baking soda out of your mouth. Do not brush with this paste regularly -- only twice a week for one minute (it will erode your enamel) and use at your discretion. Or you can use Hydrogen peroxide and make a solution with equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water. Use it like mouthwash.

I think you should brush for at least 3 or more minutes. When you do brush make sure you brush every spot on your teeth. I suggest getting a plaque removing tooth brush. Plaque is a layer on your teeth which may be the cause of yellow teeth. If you cant get one you should just clean the plaque off with a tooth pick. Also brush 2 or 3 times a day. To add on, try using a whitening toothpaste such as 3D white.

Source(s): Myself

Swish peroxide around in your mouth like you would mouth wash for 1 minute every day then rinse with water. Its the same as buying the Listerine Whitening or Crest Whitening mouthwash, only you can get a bottle for less than a buck. Just be careful not to swallow!

Ok I know this sounds crazy but...banana peels will help...A TON just rub the peel on your teeth after you or someone close to you eats a banana. You can also try baking soda,water, and a toothbrush

• Widdle

Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Just wet your brush with the peroxide and dip your toothbrush in the baking soda. Try not to swallow any. It tastes nasty, but it works awesome!

baking soda, and peroxide... brush for 2 min, and rinse.. thats all i ever use now, my teeth are white, and i saved a bunch of money!!!