Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 8 years ago

Do Muslims celebrate Christmas?

If not, then why do Muslim Palestinians celebrate it?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Wishing Merry Christmas?? by Dr Zakir Naik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iml9VX4348

Youtube thumbnail

"Saying Merry Christmas is worst than fornication or killing someone" Islamic scholar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=IN&v=FFW3ZNC8sjw

Yousuf Al-Qaradhawi Celebrating Christmas in Muslim Countries Is Prohibited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=IN&v=w8dkOR5pH1I

See for yourself.

I don't think that the Palestinian Muslims celebrate Christmas. Might be the Christians, though. You do have Palestinian Christians, just in case you didn't know.

.

• ?

Many people celebrate Christmas for different reasons and in different ways. I am sure Muslims in the United States will buy presents for eachother and eat candy cane and drink eggnog just like everyone else. Whether they do it to celebrate the birth of the Messiah is a different matter.

I mean it's not like I don't eat turkey on Thanksgiving or still go to work on Easter even if I don't understand now believe in any religious relevance to the holiday.

• Joker

Christmas isnt celebrated in Islam because we dont have any official date and no proof that Jesus was actually born on December 25. But i mean some Muslims celebrate it, not with Church and stuff, but more of a fun way of giving presents, like Eid (Islamic celebration which is like our Christmad lol).

• Pelvis

Muslims do not celebrate Christmas. I didn't know Palestinian Muslims celebrate it.

• I M

Muslim celebrating Christmas!!? Omg!

Only if they knew what they are declaring by celebrating xmas! It is as if the mountains would shutter into grains, the clouds would flood the land with tears, the earth would quake with emotion. The Muslims should understand this if their Islam is genuine.

no wonder palestainan are being punished for this.

No they celebrate Eid

I am Muslim and actually we don't, I am asking you in return do you celebrate Adha day ???

Christmas dinner

No Muslims do not celebrate Christmas, because on Christmas, Christians are basically celebrating the birth of Jesus and they say that Jesus is the son of God or stuff like this. And this thing is not allowed in Islam. Muslims just believe in One and Only God. There is no God but Allah.

Islam honors all the prophets who were sent to mankind. Muslims respect all prophets in general, but Jesus in particular, because he was one of the prophets who foretold the coming of Muhammad. Muslims, too, await the second coming of Jesus. They consider him one of the greatest of Allah's prophets to mankind. A Muslim does not refer to him simply as "Jesus," but normally adds the phrase "peace be upon him" as a sign of respect.

No other religion in the world respects and dignifies Jesus as Islam does. The Quran confirms his virgin birth (a chapter of the Quran is entitled "Mary"), and Mary is considered to have been one of the purest women in all creation. The Quran describes Jesus' birth as follows:

"Behold!' the Angel said, God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and in the Hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and he shall be of the righteous. She said: "My Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?' He said: "Even so; God creates what He will. When He decrees a thing, He says to it, 'Be!' and it is." [3:42-47]

Muslims believe that Jesus was born immaculately, and through the same power which had brought Eve to life and Adam into being without a father or a mother.

"Truly, the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." [3:59]

During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. The Quran tells us that he said:

"I have come to you with a sign from your Lord: I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by God's leave. And I heal the blind, and the lepers, and I raise the dead by God's leave." [3:49]

Muhammad and Jesus, as well as the other prophets, were sent to confirm the belief in one God. This is referred to in the Quran where Jesus is reported as saying that he came:

"To attest the law which was before me, and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey me." [3:50]

Prophet Muhammad emphasized the importance of Jesus by saying: "Whoever believes there is no god but Allah, alone without partner, that Muhammad is His messenger, that Jesus is a servant and messenger of God, His word breathed into Mary and a spirit emanating from Him, and that Paradise and Hell are true, shall be received by God into Heaven. [Bukhari]

Source(s): I'm a Muslim. :)
  • ?

Abrahmic religion adherents do not make sense or have much logic... that's just how they are.