What type of fisheye lens do I need?

Ive got a Nikon D5100 with the stock 18 to 55mm lens. Basically what I am wanting is the peephole effect, you know where its like a round image that looks like you are looking through a peephole, and it's kind of like a bubble effect. I want one of the lenses that just screws onto the current lens that I have, but all the fisheye lenses I find are for far away wide angle photos, I want the bubble effect, not a long wide angle. How do I achieve this and what lens do I need?


Okay but how do I adjust the camera to where the shot is in a circle instead of a rectangle, do I need to zoom way out, or adjust the settings of the camera?

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    Any bit of glass purporting to give a fish-eye effect by screwing into the front of a lens can never give a good quality image. You can achieve the bubble effect in a circle in software (Photoshop Elements, etc).

    Note that any true fish-eye lens is extreme wide-angle and that any fish-eye 'effect' applied to a tele shot will look false to anybody who knows a thing or two about images. But if that is what you want go for it - maybe there is now an app which can do it for you.

    Photoace says many useful things anbd emphasises that true fish-eye is ultra wide-angle.

  • Matt
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    The two effects are the same. as long as the person stands close to the lens, you should get the bubble effect.

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    You need no lens, you can screw a narrow hood

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.