Jehovah's Witnesses, did Jesus view Himself as God's Son, or as an angel messenger?

Jehovah's Witnesses claim that Jesus was the Archangel Michael. Jesus' only comment of His pre-human existence was when He said; "Before Abraham was, I Am".

Christians know that an angel, regardless of rank, cannot claim the position of "I-Am", for that is the utterance of the God of the Old Testament, Yahweh.

Did Jesus ever claim He was an Angel?

Did John the Baptist ever claim the he was an angel, preparing the way for Christ?

How did Jesus describe who He is to us all through the scriptures?

Are all messengers angels?

If so, then John the Baptist was an angel, as much as Jesus was.

Gary, if you don't understand what it fully means, why do you teach that it is true?

Gary, spirits are not people...spirits are spirits.

John the Baptist was also a messenger, but like Jesus, he wasn't an angel....so it proves that God uses men as messengers as well as angels, and that Jesus coming with the voice of an archangel, means he is bringing a very powerful message from God....and Gary, Jesus was also carrying God's trumpet...doesn't that mean He is also God, according to your line of reasoning?

Gary, since "angels are spirits", who was that flesh and bone man, that said to His disciples; "Look touch me, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have".?

There is much that Jehovah's Witnesses do not know, but they still ram their doctrines down the throats of inexperienced ones, as though their words are infallible.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God,” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that, if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/is-Jesus-God.html#ixzz...

Source(s): TR
  • Brian

he played the role of messenger for Jehovah when he delivered the revelation prophesy to John.

he is the son of god - who is made of the same substance that all spirit people are made from. we do not understand what this means fully. angel is a messenger for Jehovah.

edit:

The Bible teaches that Jesus and all those who reside in heaven is the same substance of God Himself. It also teaches that God is a spirit. Jesus is a spirit. Angels are spirits. .A spirit is not anything like what people think of as ghosts.

I have never been to heaven. I live on the Earth and fully understand what it is to be a human. I know what flesh and blood is. I do not fully understand what a spirit person is. I know it is not human and is not flesh and blood.

Spirit people are not human. They are people and all have different personalities and are individuals.

John as a human. He was not a spirit. He cannot be an angel since angels are spirits.

edit2:

Come on man! Think! Angels are not ghosts as you use the word spirit.

Angels have used Jehovah's holy spirit and created a flesh/blood body when they are allowed to walk the Earth. Do you recall women getting pregnant by angels in human bodies as well as people like Joseph wrestling with an angel. They did not get them pregnant or even wrestled Joseph with the spirit body they have in heaven. Why do you think Jesus could not do the same?

Lets get something straight. There are no such thing as ghosts. Period. Jesus was telling his disciples not to have fear of him because he was not a ghost, not that he was not a spirit. A spirit and ghost are two different things. I do not understand why you do not see this.

There is much that I do not know. I do not understand "heaven". But there much I do know. Jesus was not a ghost. In know that Jesus created a flesh/blood body when he walked the Earth after death. That is the only explanation that makes any sense. This I figured out long before I became one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• The name Jesus (Gr., I·e·sous′) corresponds to the Hebrew name Jeshua (or, in fuller form, Jehoshua), meaning “Jehovah Is Salvation.” The name itself was not unusual, many men being so named in that period. For this reason persons often added further identification, saying, “Jesus the Nazarene.” (Mr 10:47; Ac 2:22) Christ is from the Greek Khri·stos′, the equivalent of the Hebrew Ma·shi′ach (Messiah), and means “Anointed One.” Whereas the expression “anointed one” was properly applied to others before Jesus, such as Moses, Aaron, and David (Heb 11:24-26; Le 4:3; 8:12; 2Sa 22:51), the position, office, or service to which these were anointed only prefigured the superior position, office, and service of Jesus Christ. Jesus is therefore preeminently and uniquely “the Christ, the Son of the living God.”—Mt 16:16;

Prehuman Existence. The person who became known as Jesus Christ did not begin life here on earth. He himself spoke of his prehuman heavenly life. (Joh 3:13; 6:38, 62; 8:23, 42, 58) John 1:1, 2 gives the heavenly name of the one who became Jesus, saying: “In the beginning the Word [Gr., Lo′gos] was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god [“was divine,” AT; Mo; or “of divine being,” Böhmer; Stage (both German)]. This one was in the beginning with God.” Since Jehovah is eternal and had no beginning (Ps 90:2; Re 15:3), the Word’s being with God from “the beginning” must here refer to the beginning of Jehovah’s creative works. This is confirmed by other texts identifying Jesus as “the firstborn of all creation,” “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Col 1:15; Re 1:1; 3:14) Thus the Scriptures identify the Word (Jesus in his prehuman existence) as God’s first creation, his firstborn Son.

ARCHANGEL

The prefix “arch,” meaning “chief” or “principal,” implies that there is only one archangel, the chief angel; in the Scriptures, “archangel” is never found in the plural. First Thessalonians 4:16, in speaking of the preeminence of the archangel and the authority of his office, does so in reference to the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ: “The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.” It is, therefore, not without significance that the only name directly associated with the word “archangel” is Michael.—Jude 9;

You're putting two and two together and coming up with five. Jesus views himself as God's son