Nicole
Nicole asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

fever and throwing up with period?

Yesterday I started my period 5 days early, and later that night I had a low grade fever (peaked at 100, which is high for me) and a few close calls with throwing up. I was able to keep it down, but I know if I let myself throw up then it would've kept coming. Today both of those are gone, I'm just super achy and I feel like I need to cough a lot. Does anyone else get this?

My immune system's also shot because I've been on antibiotics on and off for the past 2 months, so I don't know if I'm just catching something :/

Favorite Answer

I'm currently on my period and for the first time today I threw up. My mom said symptons vary for everyone, but when she was a teenager she also threw up. As for the fever symptons, I personally think it's separate. But the throwing up is definitely a normal part of your period. And if you let yourself throw up, you'll actually feel better! I have emetaphobia (fear of vomiting), but if its one thing I can tell you is that you'll definitely feel less achy. So you probably are either achy because you didn't let yourself vomit and the virus or whatever is still there, or you might have the flu.

Source(s): Current and personal experience.

You could have just caught something but those are signs of TSS. Did you wear a tampon for more than 8 hours? You should see a doctor.