Quinton asked in PetsReptiles · 8 years ago

how to clean a turtle tank?

i have to clean it but its hard could someone help

my turtle is aquatic

Favorite Answer

I only know how to clean my 55 gallon fish tank, don't know if turtle tank would be any different. I bought a long tube, about 1-2 inches wider than a hose and swirled it around below the rocks. Got about 1/3 of the stuff out and only took about half an hour. Plus you can do it with your fish in the tank, they just get a little scared.

What do you mean by 'turtle tank'? Are these aquatic turtles or land turtles. I figure you would clean an aquatic turtle tank like you would a fish tank? For land turtles (which I have) I clean the entire thing out by dumping/vacuuming out their bedding which consists of Coconut Fiber, Forest Moss, and Coconut Husk. Then after that, I refill the entire thing with new clean bedding, and with vinegar and water I thoroughly wash their plants and food/water dishes.