Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

my kittens about six weeks old and i can tell she just wants to roam around,when should i let her?

Shell always togo under things like shelves and dressers and my bed and im scared shell get lost, at what age should i let her be more independent and stop constantly monitoring her

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Our kittens are supervised till they are about 4 months old. Just too many things for them to get in trouble with.

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Ask again in another 6 weeks, that kitten is half the age it should be before being given to its new home. You cant leave any young animal unsupervised, it's irresponsible and can lead to the young kitten getting into harmful things that could either injure or possibly kill her.

Keep her in a safe room that has been kitten proofed until she is old enough when you cant watch her. Both my cats didnt get free roam of the house until they were around 4-5 months old ( and even then the home was still proofed and the cats not allowed into certain rooms).

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

At 6 weeks old, your kitten is so small she shouldn't even be away from her mother. She should still be nursing and with mom learning how to be a cat. She should not be eating kitten food yet so asking if the kitten is old enough to be left unsupervised is just crazy. No, it cannot. A kitten should not be able to roam unsupervised until it is at least 3 to 4 months old. They are so tiny they will climb under everything and up inside everything. Your home must be kitten proofed. Kittens die very easily when left unsupervised.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes if she is ready dont hold her back! Just be sure never to let her roam around unsupervised because she will be testing out where she can and can't go and may try chewing on wires/cords or may get stuck somewhere

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

As long as she can not get into any poison or something dangerous, let her roam (inside of course)

Don't worry about her getting lost. She'll get hungry and want to get to her food bowl pretty quickly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.