Joy asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 8 years ago

I have pregnancy symptoms and a negative test, am i pregnant?

Here is the scenario; my last NORMAL period was May 12, 2013, I had sex June 7,8,9 unprotected. My period was due on the 11th of June but did not come until the 23rd and was very light and short. I also had sex June 28, 1, 4, 5. I took pregnancy two pregnancy tests after my period and they were both negative. I am having symptoms like NAUSEA, sore nipples, frequent urination, and fatigue here and there but mostly energized. Took another test today, negative. HELP...will give points ot best answer.

Favorite Answer

You might have a false pregnancy, or clinically termed pseudocyesis. People with pseudocyesis have many, if not all, symptoms of pregnancy -- with the exception of an actual fetus. This unusual condition accounts for one to six out of every 22,000 live births.When a woman feels an intense desire to get pregnant, which may be because of infertility, repeat miscarriages, impending menopause, or a desire to get married, her body may produce some pregnancy signs (such as a swollen belly, enlarged breasts, and even the sensation of fetal movement). The woman's brain then misinterprets those signals as pregnancy, and triggers the release of hormones (such as estrogen and prolactin) that lead to actual pregnancy symptoms. Some researchers have suggested that poverty, a lack of education, childhood sexual abuse, or relationship problems might play a role in triggering false pregnancy.

Source(s): http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/false-pregnancy-ps... (I copied a lot of information from this site. If you need to know more, just keep on reading)

Its depend on your HCG levels, some women get high levels and others do not.

Sometimes tests cant detect much HCG levels, but as per your description it shows signs of pregnancy.

Btw you can be having a fake mental pregnancy,i mean you dont pregnant and just show signs due to stress.