I need basic mail. How do I keep Yahoo from constantly offering me the new, upgraded, service?

I have switched over to the new Yahoo Mail service like everyone else. This happened a few days ago when it became mandatory. I get along just fine with what Yahoo calls their "Basic" mail service. It is good and works well with my dial-up connection. Problem is that EVERY TIME I try to use Yahoo... show more I have switched over to the new Yahoo Mail service like everyone else. This happened a few days ago when it became mandatory. I get along just fine with what Yahoo calls their "Basic" mail service. It is good and works well with my dial-up connection.

Problem is that EVERY TIME I try to use Yahoo Mail they seek to convert me to the new full-featured service. Then, after about 30 seconds they finally realize it's not working. A popup then appears and I can choose "Basic", which I do. But next time it's like groundhog day. I have to go through the same thing all over again. It's a real PITA!!!!!!

I want Basic. It works great. How do I tell Yahoo to STOP offering me the enhanced features?
Update: Just to be clear: I already know how to select "Basic". That's not the problem. The problem is that my selection does not "stick". I don't want constantly to be switched to the enhanced mail version unless I make such a request. I want Yahoo to remember my "Basic" setting... show more Just to be clear:

I already know how to select "Basic". That's not the problem. The problem is that my selection does not "stick". I don't want constantly to be switched to the enhanced mail version unless I make such a request. I want Yahoo to remember my "Basic" setting and not try to change it.
Update 2: I found the answer to this which I'm posting on chance somebody else might have this dilemma: I needed to change my link to Yahoo mail. My old link, from before the changeover, was causing my problem. Once I got basic up, my inbox I mean, I re-linked to that page. It was a different URL than I had been... show more I found the answer to this which I'm posting on chance somebody else might have this dilemma:

I needed to change my link to Yahoo mail. My old link, from before the changeover, was causing my problem. Once I got basic up, my inbox I mean, I re-linked to that page. It was a different URL than I had been using for many years. But by going to the new URL I get the new Yahoo mail, in basic form, every time. There is no problem when the new link is used.

I had tried, prior to discovering this solution, going into my preferences and selecting "basic". And Yahoo did constantly change me back to "enhanced". I don't know why. But by first getting basic up and then linking to that URL only, Yahoo stops trying to convert me.

For me, the new Yahoo basic mail works better than the (no longer available) Yahoo "classic" mail. I wish I had switched much earlier, but I did not even know "basic" was available. I have a dial-up connection to th
Update 3: ADDITIONAL DETAIL First, I never log out of Yahoo mail. Second, I am using Google Chrome. In Chrome, there is a bookmarks bar, at the top. I have a bookmark there for Yahoo mail. I had been using the same bookmark for a number of years. It continued to work with the new Yahoo mail, after the forced... show more ADDITIONAL DETAIL

First, I never log out of Yahoo mail. Second, I am using Google Chrome.

In Chrome, there is a bookmarks bar, at the top. I have a bookmark there for Yahoo mail. I had been using the same bookmark for a number of years. It continued to work with the new Yahoo mail, after the forced changeover, but every time I clicked it Yahoo was feeding me the enhanced version, even though my Yahoo mail preferences earlier had been changed to basic. It was driving me nuts!!

What I did was, first, to use the little gear (upper right) to once again switch back to basic for like the tenth time.

Next I highlighted the URL while I was at my Yahoo mail basic inbox and then pressed "control C" to copy that URL.

Next I went to my Yahoo Mail bookmark, right clicked, and then clicked on "edit". This allowed me to edit the URL to which the bookmark points. I pasted in the URL I had earlier copied, clicked "save", and I was done. It has been working gre