When can you change the balls (*not the barbell*) of a belly button ring if both balls unscrew?

I bought 3 other rings with balls that unscrew so I have them when I can change it out. The piercer said I can change the balls after a week but I'm wondering if that's too soon?

Favorite Answer

Your hands should never touch a healing piercing. Even if they are washed prior you're still going to have some bacteria on them which could get to your piercer. In a few months go to a different piercer and see if they will change the balls for you. The piercing will have settled a bit by then and the piercer can have everything sterile. Some piercers might not be willing to change them until it is fully healed though and you definitely shouldn't.

Make sure you're doing sea salt soaks twice a day for 5-10 minutes each soak to keep it clean.

Source(s): 29 piercings