CAA asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

Why does my cat keep peeing right outside his litter box?

I have a 6 year old cat that continues to pee right in front of his litter box. Took him to the vet, he's fine. I keep it clean. I bought him a new box. And I pay plenty of attention to him.

Not sure if its a behavioral thing, like when I am gone at work too long or when I go out. But it's becoming an issue to have to clean up after him once or twice a day.

Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

Did you by any chance get a litter box with a cover. I know my cats hate them and will pee outside the box.

• Mircat

http://www.catinfo.org/?link=litterbox - best info ever on litterbox issues.

Another thing to do is re-train. Go to PetsMart and look for a red/black plastic bag of Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Litter. There is a booklet inside that tells you how to use it. You need to use it about 2 months. It has a pheromone in it the cat can smell but you can't.

Good luck.