Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 years ago

Do you associate yourself with any of the gender related activist groups here?

Such as feminism, MRM, traditionalism, egalitarianism, and any I may be forgetting. Feel free to fill in the gaps. And if so, may I ask why you feel any need at all to be apart of any of the above?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Mabe
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I do not belong to any type of organized gender related activity. I don't feel the need too. Basically, I think that organizations are organized for a purpose that's main goal is about money, and voice is free. I have belonged to other organizations, not gender related, and the money is, bottom line, their main goal. They tend to become messed up over it, and it's not worth the hassle, when you are just volunteering your time for a cause, and it strays over to be about money. Therefore, when the sparks start flying over it, I get out, and I no longer am interested in it.

• 8 years ago

Egalitarian is a word used by Feminists.So i don't believe it's possible to unbastardize that term so i won't use it.But i am a M(H)RA.I believe in equality before the law and on a social level.

• ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Not really, mostly because different people use different definitions, and self identifying as one thing or another on this particular forum is going to give some people the wrong impression. I'd rather go on a case by case basis.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Nope, I'm an inidividual, it's a shame for this board that there's so much 'group-thinking' because it's making progress almost impossible.

It's why 999 out of 1000 questions on here are always the same hostile, finger-pointing, paranoia driven, angry, veiled insults, instead of actual questions geared to develop some knowledge, find some common ground.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I consider myself a feminist in the sense that I am passionate about women's issues; but I don't associate with feminist groups; because they tend to have a very "us vs. them" mentality.

• 8 years ago

Only on this forum... I've never been an activist for anything except for the fight against cancer *gasp* of all varieties in a few "Relays for Life".

Pretty much, I take care of my own, my family, and my things...and, quite frankly, that keeps me quite busy.

• 8 years ago

I would consider myself essentially a humanist, but I do sympathize with some of the feminist ideologies, only some.

• 8 years ago

I agree with them on certain individual issues, but I don't truly consider myself to be a "part" of any of them.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

some people seem to be sincerely mentally blind. they can't be saved. but having a rude awakening once in awhile (in short bursts) certainly does help.

• 8 years ago

No to the first question and yes to the second.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.