Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 years ago

Do you associate yourself with any of the gender related activist groups here?

Such as feminism, MRM, traditionalism, egalitarianism, and any I may be forgetting. Feel free to fill in the gaps. And if so, may I ask why you feel any need at all to be apart of any of the above?

• Mabe
    Favorite Answer

I do not belong to any type of organized gender related activity. I don't feel the need too. Basically, I think that organizations are organized for a purpose that's main goal is about money, and voice is free. I have belonged to other organizations, not gender related, and the money is, bottom line, their main goal. They tend to become messed up over it, and it's not worth the hassle, when you are just volunteering your time for a cause, and it strays over to be about money. Therefore, when the sparks start flying over it, I get out, and I no longer am interested in it.

Egalitarian is a word used by Feminists.So i don't believe it's possible to unbastardize that term so i won't use it.But i am a M(H)RA.I believe in equality before the law and on a social level.

• ?

Not really, mostly because different people use different definitions, and self identifying as one thing or another on this particular forum is going to give some people the wrong impression. I'd rather go on a case by case basis.

Nope, I'm an inidividual, it's a shame for this board that there's so much 'group-thinking' because it's making progress almost impossible.

It's why 999 out of 1000 questions on here are always the same hostile, finger-pointing, paranoia driven, angry, veiled insults, instead of actual questions geared to develop some knowledge, find some common ground.

I consider myself a feminist in the sense that I am passionate about women's issues; but I don't associate with feminist groups; because they tend to have a very "us vs. them" mentality.

Only on this forum... I've never been an activist for anything except for the fight against cancer *gasp* of all varieties in a few "Relays for Life".

Pretty much, I take care of my own, my family, and my things...and, quite frankly, that keeps me quite busy.

I would consider myself essentially a humanist, but I do sympathize with some of the feminist ideologies, only some.

I agree with them on certain individual issues, but I don't truly consider myself to be a "part" of any of them.

some people seem to be sincerely mentally blind. they can't be saved. but having a rude awakening once in awhile (in short bursts) certainly does help.

No to the first question and yes to the second.