A question for ALL Christians?

If each of your denominations believe in god and in jesus and you know the difference between wrong and right, then why the heck do you all debate one another as to who is right and who is wrong, and who is interpreting the bible correctly?

Each church leader, denomination seems to have its own interpretation of your scriptures....so to me it make absolutely zero sense that god or jesus would not have given every single religious leader or follower the same message as to what you should be believing. I mean after all wouldn't god want to convey the same interpretation to all ppl?

Are you getting my point?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The premise of your question is incorrect.

There are denominations that call themselves "Christian" that are not Christian at all.

They are false religions. Satan has been working hard to deceive people into believing false religions that sound Christian. Examples of false religions? Christian Science, Mormons, Jehovah Witness, Roman Catholics, Charismatics, etc. This list is not inclusive. It's a long list.

There are some denominations that are correct on their core principles, and the disagreements only pertain to minor peripheral points. Some of that may pertain to their style of worship, or something like that. Don't sweat the small stuff.

But it is a serious thing if a religion does not believe that Jesus is God (Jehovah Witnesses), or if a religion believes we need to pray to dead people or that our works saves us (Roman Catholics), or if a religion accepts some new revelation on gold tablets (Mormons).

Satan is working hard to deceive people to keep them from seeing the truth. And how far can this deception go? Google "Jonestown." The tragedy is not that these 909 people died in a mass suicide; The tragedy is that they died thinking they were going to heaven.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Clearly you misunderstand the purpose of Yahoo Answers. Either that or you are willfully violating the guidelines. Yahoo Answers is not for making a point. It is for seekers in need of answers.

Your point is wasted. We Catholics, the largest denomination of Christianity, do not believe that armchair theologians, untrained in what scripture actually says, should be trying to guide a flock based on their own personal interpretation of something they do not understand.

Most of these "religious leaders" as you call them, have not even studied theology. They just step up and apply to be pastor. Trained theologians tend to interpret scripture all in the same manner. Because they understand the original language and syntax.

So your assumption is utterly incorrect.

• 8 years ago

Lets see if you get my point

All denominations are not right

Some serve money -etertainment-socializing-

And social cowardness .

And others serve the one and only true God

At all costs.

I don't need to prove anything to anyone

Nor do they have to prove anything to me

For all of us when we take our last breath and our

Hearts beat for the last time

You will get all the proof you need

And what you chose and every word you speak

Will be accountable .

There is a diffrence between a perfect or forgiven human.

Christians have not reached perfection likewise unbelievers

But we are forgiven you's are not .

Source(s): Life and measure of my faith
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

We agree on the essentials to the gospel message. Which is salvation by grace through faith.

The other things are inconsequential. For example.

I believe in baptism should be performed when a person an adult being fully submerged under the water, as it better represents what takes place during salvation. And the person being an adult comprehends what's taking place.

But I'm not going to squabble with Presbyterians over the fact that they sprinkle infants.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Bible is one message, with slight variations on how to interpret some doctrine.

But all real Christians believe and follow the same message overall, Jesus Christ is God, died to pay for our sins so we could have eternal life with him.

• 8 years ago

I am a nondenominational bible believing Christian, and tend to lean toward the Baptist doctrine. The Baptist can trace their linage back to the Disciples of Christ at Antioch (Acts 11:26). As such God has preserved His word through that linage. All of the other denominations have sprung off of the pagan Roman Catholic Church with their false doctrines and false teachers. Satan is working very hard to confuse everyone and doing a great job of it.

• Their are many problems with all the different denominations in Christianity. But the way God sees them all is that he who does his will is both his brother and his sister.

Source(s): Apostle James the Greater
  • There is only a way called Jesus.

Zacchaeus, Galatians, Ephesians, Corinthians, American Churches, European Churches etc... follow it differently...

Heaven is not the same evidently...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

everything is done by God's approvance. satan has evil deeds and he doesnt want the main and the true Church to be recognized. we are wicked with satan too. so we are stepping out of the truth. satan is telling only lie. thats how everything changed, but the real Church will not be changed until the end of times because our Lord will protect it. today is called Orthodox Church or Eastern Orthodox Church(search wiki). it is the only thing that teaches the TRUTH, and thats why we should debate all for finding the truth with reasonable facts, but demon stealed our brains, pray for me brother please

• 8 years ago

Honestly God can't be contained in a book. Just talking crap until God comes to the podium, that's all. That is the beauty of it all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.