I think I have Bipolar Disorder!! Any help?

I get random episodes of depression and i dont know why at all.. Could this mean i have bi polar disorder?? Also i get happy for no reasons as well, but that really dosnt happen too often.. Help?

• Frank
    Favorite Answer

No. What you describe is depression. Getting happy for no reason is called emotional lability. This is part of depression.

Mania is not the same thing as getting happy for no reason. If you have episodes of mania and episodes of depression, then you have bipolar disorder.

What you describe is depression.

See your doctor for help. Your doctor will help you.

• ?

Bipolar moods are weeks and months long and are severe and distrupt your dreams, education, relationships and life.

I developed it at 14 and was diagnosed at 18. I go through weeks and months of being depressed, feeling suicidal, hopeless and worthless, going days without leaving bed, never washing or dressing or eating. Trying to kill myself and hurt myself. Sleeping over 18 hours a day and only getting up for the toilet and even then one day i went the whole day without doing that as i was too depressed to get up. Then ill switch into mania and i am the complete opposite. Stay up all night for days and days or get like 3 hours a night and am NEVER tired, completely full of energy and confidence. Reckless and impulsive. Do things like sleep with strangers, steal and shoplift, spend every penny i have on anything, drinking every day, doing drugs or all of the above. I think i can do anything I want and do not care about the consequences. Aggressive and have fits of rage, i once trashed my mums apartment and tore her front door down. Nothing is going fast enough for me. My body can't keep up with me and i am full of ideas. My thoughts race and i talk a million miles an hour. I have no control over my behavior or anything i say. I once told my psychiatrist all about my sex life and how i f**k the sh** out of my boyfriend when manic and how it sucks to be a loonbag. I also hear voices telling me to kill myself and harm others and have hallucinations and delusions that lead me to be a danger to myself.

You do not sound bipolar at all, it just sounds like normal mood swings.

Source(s): Bipolar type 1 with psychotic features

I'd check a doctor first before the internet.

• ?

Sounds more like diastolic depression. Look that up.