Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

I went to the doctor about a bald spot?

I went to the doctor and told them I had a bald spot on the back of my head that's getting bigger and bigger . The doctor ask me did I have a ringworm in the back of my head . I said yes I didn't have this odd circle shape in left and right back of my head and it itched. So she said it might be a fungus or something in my head if my head is itching . But I really don't believe that's what that is I'm on depo shot and I have done a lot of research on that it causes hair lost . . Something the health department doesn't tell you. My hair was really thick now it's thin. And another thing since I stress a lot it could be the disease I forgot what it's called but it starts with an 'a' it's caused by stress ... I need help .

Favorite Answer

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-0...

The only thing that comes to mind that starts with an A is: Traction alopecia is hair loss that occurs as a result of continuous pulling of the hair. Pulling may occur from hairstyles such as tight cornrows, plaits or braids with or without extensions, weaves, ponytails or even hair rollers or curlers. Natural hairstyles can also lead to traction alopecia as well. Long heavy locks and tightly coiled twists can lead to traction alopecia. The hair loss associated with traction alopecia typically occurs at the frontal hairline, at the temples or the area of the scalp above the ears. It may also occur at the posterior hairline.

Again, a simple rule of thumb: Look for the American Hair Loss Association seal when considering purchasing any product or service to treat your hair loss.

> > > ONE treatment called DNCB -- applying an ointment that burns the scalp in hopes of stimulating hair growth. It was a treatment so painful that her head was at times left feeling raw.

I think this on link is what you mean ? You will have to go to a private clinic. I am in the UK so am not able to help on local clinics to you.