Is there any way I can be a air traffic controller?

I want to be a air traffic controller and don't know if there's a way I can just do a program and not have to do 4 yrs in something to get a bachelors and then do the program and become one ? It's a whole long process ? Does anyone know what's the easiest way ?

• Kevin
    Favorite Answer

Do an associates degree at an approved CTI school. Only two years. You'll still attend the academy in Oklahoma City after being hired.

The process is 2 years for the AS degree, between a 1 to 3 year wait to get hired, 5 weeks to 3 months in the academy (depending on what type of ATC facility you are sent to) then training in your assigned facility for between 6 months to 5 years depending on your ability and facility difficulty and training backlog.

Source(s): Air Traffic Controller

I would check at your state community college, I believe it is only a two year program. They are acredited so that would be your best bet and prob the cheapest way to go. Usually there you will also meet knowledgable people more than an expensive private school that could end you jobless when you graduate.