Tattoo at 17 good idea?

I have a tattoo that really means something to me and I've been thinking of it for a while and had some people sketch it for me and it looks really nice. I really want the tattoo and I'm thinking of putting it on my right shoulder blade the only problem I'm having is if I get it at 17 will it stretch and get messed up?

It is really good that you are thinking this through. Any time you get a tattoo there is the chance that it will stretch and become "messed up". But getting it on a shoulder blade will minimize the chances of that. I know you have wanted this tattoo for a while, and its great that it has meaning behind it. In my opinion you should wait to get it. If you wait 5 years to get the tattoo and it is still important to you and you still really want it, then by all means go ahead! If you wait it is going to be so great when you actually get the tattoo. When you look back when you are older, you are not going to remember that 5 years you waited. I just want to make sure that you have thought about this. Best of luck to you!

• i got my first tattoo at 16 years old and it didn't change it. i am now 17 and three months ago i got my second tattoo which i really wanted it since 13.

Tattoos are forever so you have to think carefully about that you are going have a picture on your body for the rest of your life. if you really want badly to get that tattoo go ahead , but before you get it make sure you prepare for it.

Source(s): 2 tattoo owner

yes they can stretch i have had a tattoo for almost 7 years and it looks almost as good as it did a few months after i got it

• Steve

All tattoos say the same thing. That you are a mindless trendy sheep and a failure! But then again some people deserve to have the losers brand on them for life. Thanks for letting the world know you are a failure :-D

If I could capitalize "NOPE" any more than that, I'd have a sufficient answer for you. In the mean time, NOPE. Bad idea.